Gas Safety Week 2017
Monday 18th September to Sunday 24th September marks Gas Safety Week 2017.
This is the seventh annual Gas Safety Week where businesses across the UK work together to raise awareness of the dangers of poorly maintained gas appliances.
These can cause accidents such as gas leaks, fires as well as more dangerous occurrences such as explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.
There have already been more than 7,000 companies that have signed up to be part of Gas Safety Week 2017, have you?
Gas safety should be checked frequently due to the consequences that can occur from lack of maintenance of gas appliances. Gas Safety Week, which is coordinated by Gas Safe Register, provides a place for companies to generate awareness to make sure all companies across the UK are compliant with building and appliance regulations in the workplace.
Here are some top tips to stay gas safe:
- You should only use a Gas Safe registered engineer to fit, fix and service any of your gas appliances in your workplace.
- Make sure your gas engineer is qualified for the work they are carrying out. You can find all the services that the engineer is compliant in on the back of their gas safe register ID card.
- Make sure a Gas Safe registered engineer regularly checks your gas appliances in your workplace. As well as the building you occupy should have a gas certificate yearly. If you rent your building, make sure your landlord has one and that you have a copy.
- There are six signs of carbon monoxide poisoning. Make sure you know them! They are:
- Collapsing & loss of consciousness
- Fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm as this will alert you if there is any carbon monoxide in your workplace.At Timmins Group Ltd we pride ourselves on being a flexible and forward thinking company that will tailor our services to meet the clients’ expectations and specific needs. Contact us for more information.