Business Safety Week 2017
Monday 11th September to Sunday 17th September marks Business Safety Week.
Fire services will be asking business across the UK to:
- Ensure they have acted to prevent any fires in the business premises.
- Acted to protect themselves from any arson attacks.
- Let staff know how to act and respond appropriately in the event of a fire in the workplace.
- Work with their local fire and rescue services to reduce the number of false alarms.
At H Timmins Group, we are FIRAS accredited so are able to help your business become fire compliant.
We can help you with the following services:
Passive Fire Protection
Timmins are BMTRADA and Association of Specialist Fire Protection accredited to carryout passive fire protection to ceilings, walls and floor breaches after installation of data and electric cables, M&E ducting and heating and plumbing pipework.
Fire Door Installation
We are Firas accredited to install timber fire door systems in public buildings i.e. schools, council buildings, civil government buildings, bail hostels, industrial sits, commercial sites, healthcare and care home environments. Timmins will survey, install and certify the installations to industry regulations.
Fire Door Maintenance
Timmins Group can provide all your maintenance requirements in relation to timber fire doors, making sure they are up to present legislation, this includes refurbishing ironmongery, modifying the door, installation of vision panels, ease & adjusting, replacement and installation of cold smoke seals and intumescent strips and checking all gaps and intumescent strips are fitted behind hinges etc.
In the Event of a Fire at Work:
- operate the nearest fire alarm;
- ensure the fire brigade is called;
- attack the fire with a suitable extinguisher if it is safe to do so;
- evacuate the building;
- report to the assembly point;
- do not re-enter the building until informed it is safe to do so.
Contact us today on 0161 230 8877 or email "> to see how compliant your workplace is.